The next cemetery clean up date is Saturday, October 24th, 2020, from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM.
Help the CCCRP and Boy Scouts continue the Fall clean up season at the Conroe Community Cemetery. We will finish raking, and cut small brush and vine stumps in the area already cleaned. Others can begin the clean up effort with loppers and hand tools in the area where we finished in the Spring.
We will meet every two weeks after this to continue cleaning up the rest of the cemetery: Nov. 7, Nov. 21 and Dec. 5.
Come out and support Carson Pyle’s Eagle Scout Project!
As always weather permitting so watch the Facebook Page for updates.
Due to Covid 19 Please bring a mask, your own water and lunch. We have 4 acres to work in so social distancing is not an issue. Family Units can work closely. A restroom will be available courtesy of Heritage Sanitation.
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, gloves, sturdy shoes and a hat.
- You will receive a brief training session before you begin and sign a waiver.
- Because of the unique nature of the cemetery and the safety of our volunteers we will only use hand tools such as rakes, hand pruners and small tree saws. !!NO POWER TOOLS!!
- Don’t cut any plants marked with orange ribbon.
- Black cemeteries have typically used plants, objects & offerings to mark graves. This may be our only evidence of a grave. If it’s disturbed, it is lost forever.
- DON’T MOVE ANY OBJECTS AT THIS TIME BECAUSE THEY MAY MARK A GRAVE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!