Help the CCCRP and Boy Scouts kick off our Fall clean up season of the Conroe Community Cemetery. This first clean up will be on October 10th and 11th, 2020, between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
The cemetery is located at 439 N. 10th Street, Conroe, Texas 77301 <MAP>
As always weather permitting so watch the Facebook Page for updates.
Due to Covid 19 Please bring a mask, your own water and lunch. We have 4 acres to work in so social distancing is not an issue. Family Units can work closely. A restroom will be available.
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, gloves, sturdy shoes and a hat.
- You will receive a brief training session before you begin and sign a waiver.
- Because of the unique nature of the cemetery and the safety of our volunteers we will only use hand tools such as rakes, hand pruners and small tree saws. !!NO POWER TOOLS!!
- Don’t cut any plants marked with orange ribbon.
- Black cemeteries have typically used plants, objects & offerings to mark graves. This may be our only evidence of a grave. If it’s disturbed, it is lost forever.
- DON’T MOVE ANY OBJECTS AT THIS TIME BECAUSE THEY MAY MARK A GRAVE. IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Montgomery County Historical Commission
Spirit of Texas Bank
Jeffery Moon & Assoc.
Arcs & Sparks
Facebook event page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/610861706456741