The CCCRP meeting in August and September to seat a Board were not successful since there were not enough people present to volunteer to be on the initial Board, so there will be another meeting on October 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM to try again. The meeting will be held at the Conroe Library in the Genealogy Department.
You can RSVP on our Facebook page or simply show up to take part.
The CCCRP has been forced to “formally”form as a Texas not-for-profit organization in order to approach the Conroe city council and ultimately the district court for control (not ownership) of the property in order to begin the actual cleaning and restoration process. There are people in place who will assist with the physical part of the cleanup and restoration, but we are in need of people who are willing to donate a few hours per year to be on the board of directors in order for the organization to be able to officially function. Many hours have gone into the formation of the organization and development of the Bylaws to ensure a continued existence after the cemetery has been restored, but what is needed are those kind souls who are willing to step up and volunteer to be on the Board of Directors to oversee and guide this project forward.
CONROE COMMUNITY CEMETERY RESTORATION PROJECT
18 October 2016
- Call to order
- Report of filing of Articles of Incorporation
- Report of filing of Employee Identification Number (IRS Tax ID)
- Report of Formation Committee regarding Bylaws and adoption of Bylaws
- Appointment/Election of Officers
- Establishment of accounting year
- Authorization to establish a bank account in the Corporation’s name
- Establish plan for immediate future
- Establish any committees as needed
- Any other business not covered
- Set next meeting date
Again, YOUR volunteering spirit is needed!